She said is hiring a bookshop manager
For the next possible start date, She said is looking for a full-time bookshop manager (35h/week). Are you interested? Read about the position and the requirements below and send your application until the 31st of May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you love books and read mainly female and queer authors? Do you know what intersectionality means and want to give more room to marginalized voices? Have you led a team before and know how to organize team meetings and events? Then you might be exactly the person we are looking for! After 1,5 years we are finally hiring a full-time (35h/week) bookshop manager. We imagine this manager as a person who takes responsibility for the smooth operating of the shop, for the wellbeing and growth of the people in the bookshop team and for the values we represent.
We are looking for someone with:
- political engagement aligning with our core values
- an awareness of inequalities and varied lived experiences
- reflective on different layers of social privileges
- an interest in team processes and evolving structures
- management experience
- team leadership experience
- a passion for books and a belief in the bookshop as a place of community exchange
- fluency in English and German
This is what we can offer:
- a motivated team working on a common mission and aspiring to learn together
- implemented structures i.e. a management team taking decisions together
- inspiring books, events and community
- a comfortable place of work
- room to grow and to develop your own projects
- a fair salary established in team workshops (currently underway)
If this has caught your interest, send us a cover letter including how you identify yourself, your résumé and a list of books you have read in the last six months, all in one email and one attached document, until the 31st of May to email@example.com. As we are looking for several new team members, please state “Application for the position of bookshop manager” in the subject line. If you have any questions about the position, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be able to represent diverse perspectives and experiences, we especially welcome applications from BIPoC, immigrants/refugees or people with family migration history, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities as well as people who experience any other kind of marginalization (i.e. for their religious affiliation). Unfortunately, the workplace is not wheelchair accessible.